Tuesday, March 11

Knitting Pattern Book : Baby Bonnet

Finally signed the contract last week to write my first published knitting pattern book! I have not been this excited about anything for a long time. Designing baby knits has been a passion for the last 6 years and I now get to design 25 patterns for babies and toddlers - and they will pay me! Pinch me!

The idea is to take vintage designs and update them for modern knitters. I want these knits to be easy enough for your beginner and intermediate knitter (like me). I have so many designs going through my head and I can't wait to see them knit up and play around with all my favorite yarns! I am planning to post my work in progress up until the manuscript is due in November.

This is Alvin sporting a design for a modern baby bonnet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How exciting. Wonderful idea for a book. I love your work. Good luck.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Fantastic - congratulations it is great to be acknowledged and loved for what you have a passion for. And of coursed paid!

~luisa
//makeanddo.blogspot.com